www.Defiancescape.com
Defiancescape has moved to www.Defiancescape.com Please do not register to this one anymore use the new www.Defiancescape.com
Thanks From Ethan.
www.Defiancescape.com
Defiancescape has moved to www.Defiancescape.com Please do not register to this one anymore use the new www.Defiancescape.com
Thanks From Ethan.
www.Defiancescape.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.Defiancescape.com

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideosVote

How to take a ScreenShot!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tainted Soul

Tainted Soul

Number of posts : 118
Rep ++ : 6
Registration date : 2008-10-02

How to take a ScreenShot! Empty
PostSubject: How to take a ScreenShot!   How to take a ScreenShot! I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Hey guys,

Co-Owner Tainted Soul here. I just wanted to make this quick, and easy tutorial about how to make screenshots. Screenshots are good for a number of different things...you can use screenshots as proof of something, or to show someone something in general. If you just follow these easy instructions, you will be on your way.
(A SPECIFIC REASON TO MAKE A SCREENSHOT IS TO MAKE AN ABUSE REPORT)

Step 1.)
First you have to get whatever you want to take a screenshot of, onto your screen. Try to make it visable, and able to be read easily.

Step 2.)
Look to the right of the key, F12, and you should see a button called Prt Scrn and below that it might say Sys Rq. When you have what you want to take a screenshot of viewable on your screen, press the button Prt Scrn.
(AFTER THIS, DO NOT COPY OR CUT ANYTHING)

Step 3.) (Tainted soul)
Now, go to start, on your desktop and go to all programs, and then go to accessories, and click on Paint. If it isn't there, search for "Paint" on your PC with the search thingy.

Step 3.) (Ethan)
Start > Run > Type mspaint and click ok.

Step 4.) (Tainted soul)
Now, when Paint loads up, click EDIT and paste. After that, click file, and then save as. and call it whatever you want, and save it to your desktop if it isn't cluttered with stuff.

Step 4.) (Ethan)
In paint press ctrl + v at the same time and then press ctrl + s.

Now you have successfully created a screenshot. Follow the directions below to figure out how to post it on the internet e.g these forums.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here you will learn how to upload this screenshot to the internet and crop it.

Step 1.) (Ethan)
Goto http://imageshack.us/ or http://tinypic.com/ click browse and select the image you just saved.

Step 1.)
First, go to http://photobucket.com/ and create a new account. Make sure to use your valid email address, because PhotoBucket sends an email confirmation to the email you give.

Step 2.)
Log into the email you registered your new PhotoBucket account with, and open the confirmation email from PhotoBucket, and click the link they give.
(If not in your inbox, look in your 'Junk' folder...it may be in there)

Step 4.)
After you've confirmed your email, log into your PhotoBucket account and click on 'Choose Files'. A window will come up, and when it does, find the screenshot wherever you saved it, and click open.

Step 5.)
Now, after you've successfully uploaded your sceenshot to your PhotoBucket, look by the screenshot, and click where it says 'edit'

Step 6.)
Now, after the editing screen opens up, you will see a button that says 'crop'. Click that, and click it and form a rectangle around ONLY the stuff you want to be shown in the screenshot.
(whatever is inside of the rectangle will be shown after you click 'crop selected area'.

THIS SCREEN IS ALSO GOOD FOR MAKING BANNERS ETC..

If you happen to mess up, just click undo, or click on cancel without saving.

Step 7.)
After you've designed the screenshot however you want, click on save new. DO NOT CLICK SAVE ORIGINAL, or your un-edited screenshot will be gone.

Step 8.)
Now, after you've saved, get the 'Direct link' on the right or left of your screen where it says 'Share this image'

Step 9.)
Now, just paste the 'Direct link' into your forums thread, or wherever you want and post it!

Thank you for reading my tutorial, and I really hope you thought it was helpful! I made this all by myself [;

Tainted Soul
Back to top Go down
http://Myspace.com/kyle_skelt

How to take a ScreenShot!
Page 1 of 1